FAQ - Frequently asked questions

We want your stay at the Alfried Krupp Hospital to be as comfortable as possible. Here you will find information to help you prepare for your journey, stay and medical treatment. If you have any further questions about your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be glad to help you.

Which medical documents are required?

All medical findings and existing image documentation must be available before the stay.

How do I get my visa?

We need valid passports from you and all your companions. Our International Patient Management will then send an invitation to the German Embassy in your country. You must make an appointment with the embassy to obtain your visa. As soon as you have received your visa, we request that you inform us briefly.

If you have any further questions about your visa, please contact us. We will be glad to help you.

I live in the EU – do I need an S2 / E.112 form?

If you come from a member state of the European Union or EFTA, you will need the form S2 (formerly E.112; Authorisation to obtain planned health treatment in another EU or EFTA country). You can apply for the form with your health insurance company to cover the costs.

Do I need an interpreter?

To ensure high-quality medical treatment, you and your doctor need to understand each other. If you do not speak German or English, we will be happy to provide you with a qualified interpreter. An interpreter can also be helpful outside of the treatment situation. If you would like to make use of this service, please contact us.

How can I find you?

The Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen is conveniently located and easily accessible from all directions. The international airports of Dortmund and Düsseldorf are located in the immediate vicinity and are optimally connected by train and local routes. Feel free to ask us for further travel information.

Where will I stay?

During your stay at the Alfried Krupp Hospital, our comfortable single rooms including wardrobe, safe, fridge/minibar, air conditioning, TV including Sky, telephone and wifi are available to you as a patient.

Where will my relatives stay?

If you arrive with an accompanying person, our International Patient Management will be happy to recommend a hotel in the immediate vicinity of our hospital and take care of the reservation if required.

What dishes do you offer?

In addition to the main meals, you will receive a special daily offer of optional and additional catering in our comfort ward, which you can find on the separate "Menu for our optional service patients". In addition, a wide range of coffee and tea specialities is available to you and your visitors in the patient lounge on the ward and, if you wish, in your room. You will also find a selection of juices in the minibar in your room.

If you have food intolerances or allergies, or if you don't eat meat or pork, please let us know. Our great catering team will be happy to take account of your special wishes.

Do you take religious and cultural needs into consideration?

As a guest at the Alfried Krupp Hospital, we welcome you with your faith and culture. Do you have special needs or wishes? Please inform us in good time before your arrival. We will be glad to help you.

You are welcome to use the meditation rooms of the hospital for your prayers.